Startups and Code - The Beginning
Startups and Code is my new blog and I'm going to be documenting my journey on development over the course of 20+ years. Technically, I could go back to when I started on my Commodore VIC-20 and then C=64, C=128, TRS-80, IBM PS/2, and then my first intel 486DX. But that is more of nostalgia rather than practical. I prefer practical concepts and guides. This site is going to be my sandbox. It may go up and down, it may have bugs, but some of those are going to be by design to see how to handle situations. * How do you handle 500s, 503s, 404s? * How do you handle a million concurrent connections? * What is good about SEO and SPAs? * Why use React/Angular/Vue if you write Vanilla js?
These are some of the questions I plan on answering. Then there are additional questions on the softer side of development
- How do you interview for culture?
- How do you get an honest answer about work ethic?
- How do you change a culture that is toxic?
- What are the best ways to improve a team's morale? (It may not be what you think)
In addition to that there are technical questions that are at a higher level:
- Everyone is talking about scale, but what is enough?
- How do you decide system design decisions?
- How do you test security for web, database, architecture?
- How do you keep on top of all the "new shiny" things?
I have a new twitter account - @startupsandcode
I'll post things here and tweet when something interesting strikes me.
Side note: I was able to go back and update most of twitter links in my blog in no time because I'm using Next.JS!